Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Pain Didn't Stop Play!

I got to play badminton with my good friend Claire yesterday.  We haven't played for a very long time and so it was nice to get back into it again.  We're hoping to be able to work it so that we can play once a week.  I was pleasantly surprised at how good we both still were!

About halfway through the hour long session, Claire injured her right shoulder.  She started to hold it as we were nearing the end of one of our games and she explained once we had finished that it was hurting - she wondered if she'd pulled something.  So I offered to pray.

Claire is a friend I used to work with at Biddenham.  I've told her stories before about God healing people and obviously she knows that I work for a church and that I believe God loves to do that kind of stuff, but she's never had anyone pray for her before.  Tentatively she accepted my offer and after 3 short prayers followed by a quick test of the shoulder after each time, the pain had completely gone!  In Claire's words 'it's like I never even hurt it!'

Pain didn't stop play, instead we got to enjoy the full hour of Badminton that we had paid for...God is so amazing and He loves to heal!

(Did I mention that I won 3 games to 2?) 

No comments: