Wednesday, 21 July 2010

New breakthrough in the prophetic!

I went to our church Alpha Course last Tuesday evening to do some prophetic ministry. The idea is that as a team (there were 4 of us) we spend some of the evening asking God what He wants to say to people we've never met before and then we share what we feel He's said as an encouragement to them that He knows them and loves them. It's such a lot of fun and this time I experienced 'a first' in the prophetic!

As soon as I walked in the room God drew my attention to a lady sitting at a table chatting to some friends of mine. I knew God wanted to speak to her. As I looked, I saw that there was a vase of flowers by her feet with 3 orange gerberas in. I assumed they'd put the flowers on the floor as they ate so that they could see each other properly across the table. I sensed that God wanted to speak through these flowers so I logged that in my mind and continued to look round the room asking God to speak.

Later in the evening I looked back to the woman and saw that the vase of flowers was now back on the table. What was slightly confusing though was that the vase now had roses in! Where had the gerberas gone? I looked at all the other vases round the room and noticed that each of them had roses in; there were no gerberas to be seen! I figured God was speaking!

As we got up to prophesy towards the end of the evening I explained my slightly odd experience to the lady in question. That I'd initially seen 3 orange gerberas in the vase but then was later aware the vase had roses in. I asked her if gerberas meant anything to her. To my complete surprise she told me that during the previous week a friend of hers had given her a bouquet of flowers consisting simply of 3 orange gerberas! No flippin way! My friend John then prophesied some really accurate stuff off the back of my 'open vision'.

This has never happened to me before - what blew me away was how normal it was to see something that wasn't actually there atall! I absolutely loved it! Thank you Jesus!

3 comments:

charity said...

wow Wendy, God really is on the move and I can't wait til the day we hear it happening all the time for you and the rest of the church!!! God is tooo good x:o)

Charity x

sarah said...

keep asking for MORE lady.... so exciting :)

Pip Darnton said...

Hi Wendy, I'm a friend of Pip H and saw you briefly when you came up. I'm finding your blog really encouraging and faith building. Thank you :0)