When the TSM outreach teams returned to our offices with news of 3 salvations on the streets over the space of an hour and a half, my response was one of utter shock and unbelief. Although it's something I long to see, clearly there's still some way to go for it to be what I expect to see everytime we venture out! At our Heaven Touches Earth conference over the weekend, Julian Adams prophesied over the TSM students about there being a new level of breakthrough particularly in the area of outreach. God was true to His promise; we had an amazing time on the streets - here are some of the headlines:
1) A couple of the hospital team sat on a bench next to a lady, got in conversation with her and found out she had pain in her hips. After prayer, the pain had completely gone and the lady was in tears, totally blown away. The team also prayed for the lady's husband who was in the hospital in the process of having tests for ulcers. When the husband returned, he had good news saying he hadn't felt so good in a very long time!
2) The hospital team also came across a very broken and desperate lady who they got to love on and share God's heart with...after sharing the good news of the gospel with her, she prayed a prayer of commitment! Wow!
3) Another outreach team got to pray for a teenage girl who had pain in her knee. After prayer the pain had gone from a 7 to a 2. After more prayer the girl was completely healed. After sharing the gospel with this precious girl, she also gave her life to the Lord!
4) Others on the same team got in conversation with a young Mum with twin boys who were both ill from being born prematurely. The team got to pray for the boys (one of whom was there and one who was in the hospital recovering from surgery) As the team talked to this lady about the love God has for her and what Jesus did for her on the cross, she also gave her life to Him!
5) The team I was out with didn't see anyone healed or saved, but we did get to share God's heart with a lot of different people. At one point we approached a couple of teenage lads - God gave me a word of knowledge about one of them having a bad knee - the guy with the bad knee didn't want prayer, but his mate did and so we asked God to break into his life. What an amazing privilege.
As I walked home after TSM on Thursday I chuckled to myself at the thought of having to write some training on what to do when someone gives their life to Jesus on the streets! We haven't had any up to this point as we haven't seen breakthrough in salvation on a consistent basis (I think we've seen it happen maybe 3 times before). I believe we're going to see it much more frequently now...in fact, I'm going to expect it!