Friday, 9 April 2010

I've got a Courage Buddy!

Have you got a courage buddy? I've been wanting for a long while to see the deaf hear and the blind see in Bedford - after all it's what Jesus promises right? But, a few weeks ago my Heavenly Dad highlighted to me that the only way I was going to see the deaf hear and the blind see was to start praying for some deaf and blind people. I decided I wasn't quite brave enough to approach people on the streets on my own in this new venture, so I found myself a courage buddy - Anna Heasman! We've now been out twice in Bedford town centre to intentionally look for the deaf and blind to pray for. No breakthroughs yet, but we did have a really exciting encounter the last time we went out. Here's what happened...

Anna and I were talking about wanting to grow in hearing God prophetically for people as we meet them in town. It's all very well spotting that they're ill and offering to pray for healing, it's quite another thing to reveal the secrets of their hearts in the moment as you learn to tune in to God. So, we thought we'd give it a go!

I spotted a lady as we walked in to the Harpur Centre in town and about 5 minutes later I saw her again. She was on her way into WH Smith. I told Anna that I felt God wanted to speak to her and so we followed her in. As she spent time looking for DVD's we spent time trying to hear from God about stuff to do with her current situation...what did God want to say? When we 'compared notes' we had fairly similar stuff. I felt God wanted to speak to her about something fairly major that she was worried about, something to do with her job. Anna felt that she might be a teacher, so we positioned ourselves just outside WH Smith to wait for her to come out.

As she left the shop we stopped her and explained that we were Christians and that we felt God had spoken to us about her to encourage her. She was really happy for us to share what God had said. As I started to share with her, tears began to well up in her eyes. I talked about her being worried about her job situation and that she felt really lonely in it and I told her that God wanted to pick her out to tell her He was with her. She could barely hold it together. Here's what we found out...

This precious lady had arrived in the country at the end of December from New Zealand. She knew hardly any people and was feeling very lonely. She was also having a really tough time at work which she was really worried about. She was about to start a new job as she'd had to leave her last one under difficult circumstances. What is it that she does? She's a supply teacher!

How amazing is it of God to pick this lady out of the whole of Bedford town to tell her that He knows her and He's with her - that even though she's travelled halfway round the world and everything is feeling a little bit desperate, He's looking out for her. It was an amazing encounter and an incredible privilege to communicate God's heart to His precious daughter.

2 comments:

Jessica Hippey said...

That's so awesome - really inspiring.

Em said...

here's an update from our HOTs sent in by one of our ladies. ... how cool is this!! (esp with the crutches!!) COME ON!!

Yesterday I met 'S' at church: she was initially very opposed to HOTs when it started but has subsequently been to HOTs on several occasions for prayer. She told me that on Saturday, in an act of rebellion and rejection of Christ and return to her Jewish roots she set off to attend the Synagogue. She was on crutches due to a foot problem that the doctors said would take at least 6 weeks to heal. On the way God healed her: she was completely cured. Yesterday she gave her life to Christ. By the time I talked to her she was glowing and ecstatic. Praise the Lord!