A group of friends and I are going to give this a go starting tomorrow. Why don't you join us!
'A 40 day negativity fast is where, for 40 days, you choose to take every negative thought captive and choose to declare the goodness of God over your life and the lives of those around you.'
What a negativity fast is not:
1) It is not denying that problems exist
2) It is not 'stuffing things down' that are wrong
3) It is not critical of others who may be struggling
4) It is not irresponsible concerning things that need to be done.
What a negativity fast is:
1) It is determining to focus more on God's promises than on problems
2) It is learning to speak with hope about even the toughest of issues
3) It is becoming 'solution focused' rather than 'problem focused.'
4) It is refraining from giving voice to pessimism, criticism of others, self-criticism and other forms of unbelief
5) It is speaking about problems to the right people in the right way
6) It is replacing negative words and thoughts with positive words and thoughts based on the promises of God.
Let me know how you get on!