Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Reflections on 2009

It's easy to forget what God does throughout the course of a day, let alone the course of a year! I really want to be someone who remembers and regularly gives thanks to God for His lavish goodness. 2009 has been an incredible year...here are just a few of my highlights:

1) Life changing trip to Bethel in February - Revelation of God's goodness; Sozo; Impartation (I'm hoping to go back for more in 2010!)
2) Provision of my good friend Becky to take over leadership of Innovation (King's Arms youth group) She has done an amazing job and Innovation continues to grow from strength to strength
3) Starting up of TSM - Training for Supernatural Ministry. Basically my dream job! It has been an absolutely incredible first term!
4) Provision of incredible friends and deeper healing in my heart to allow me to be me -I feel the most free to be and enjoy who God has made me to be at this point than at any other time!
5) God's Kingdom breaking out (both in the church and out on the streets) - Healings, deliverance, salvation, peace, joy, His presence...It just keeps increasing!
6) Discovering Costa (specifically Vanilla Lattes!)

Obviously 2009 has had its highs and lows. I have had to work through some really tough times in the midst of the joy of breakhrough and freedom...and I continue to do so. The amazing thing is that because my heavenly Dad is always working for my good, He has always brought good out of every circumstance. There are still goals that haven't yet been fulfilled (I still long to see cancer and deafness and blindness submit to the name of Jesus) But I feel increasing courage to go after these conditions. It is only a matter of time.

Most of all I'm grateful for how my relationship with the lover of my soul has changed this year. As we approach the end of 2009 I feel so much closer to my God than I did at the beginning. Now, more than ever, it feels like a relationship. I've recieved life changing revelation this year of who He is and who He says I am and I will never be the same because of it. I end 2009 being more like Jesus than when it began, That can only be a good thing!

No comments: