Monday, 23 February 2009

God is so kind!

I'm now back in my wonderful home of Bedford having survived the 30 seater Turboprop and the 9 hours long haul from San Fransisco to Heathrow. One thing I noticed when I was in Redding and around people at Bethel was their constant expectation that God would be kind to them. That has certainly been my experience today. I'm going to keep it my expectation too from now on.

When I arrived at Redding airport the flight I was supposed to be getting had been cancelled because of bad weather. Amazingly, the flight that was due to depart before mine had been delayed for 3 hours so it still hadn't left the airport. I was able to get on that flight and as I was checking in and getting my tickets changed, the lady behind the desk upgraded me to Economy Plus on the long haul flight for no apparent reason (Economy Plus gives you about 5 inches extra leg room which when you're my height is a real blessing)

The Turboprop from Redding to San Fransisco was pretty bumpy, but God kindly sat me next to a very friendly Canadian man who talked to me throughout most of the journey to distract me. At one point he asked me if I was royalty because I had a kind of Queen look about me! (We laughed and joked about this, but deep down I knew that God was demonstrating His kindness to me again; I am actually royalty and in my Sozo session one of the ladies prophesied over me about being a Queen!)

On the long haul, the guy who I was supposed to be sitting next to was upgraded to first class so I got two seats to myself. This meant I was able to stretch out during the sleeping part of the trip to get some good rest before heading back to work tomorrow. I'm beginning to realise that the favour of God rests upon me because I'm His Daughter and that that means I should expect His kindness all the time.

Steve and Philippa Wilson met me at the airport and when we got back to my house I prayed for them that God would give them everything that I got. The presense of God was so thick. It felt so easy. God really has done a deep work in me and changed me over the past week. More evidence of His amazing kindness to me that never fails.

2 comments:

Shell said...

I've been reading your blog for a while, and I think this is the first time I've commented. So awesome that you got to go to Bethel! I have family in Redding (I live in Alaska) and have visited Redding many times, but I've never gotten to go to Bethel. I'm planning a trip in May down there and fully intend on going now.

Sounds like you had an awesome time! Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the encouragement Shell. You should definitely get along to Bethel if you can. It really was amazing!