Thursday, 1 January 2009

My Dreams for 2009

I don't make New Years Resolutions; mainly because I end up breaking them and then I feel discouraged. But I do like to dream a bit with God. I started this last year. I wrote down some of the things I wanted to see happen during 2008. Some of the things I've seen:

1) To see at least one healing on the street - I think I've actually seen about 8-10 so far (that's personally - as a church we've seen much more!)
2) To go on a missions trip - I went on two last year, both to Dublin

And some are yet to come about:

1) To see at least one deaf person healed.
2) To look into buying a house - Maybe 2009 will be the year for that what with dropping house prices??

And what about my dreams for 2009? Well here are some of my thoughts so far:

1) I really want to grow in my security in God. To grasp what it means for me to be His daughter and to be a Princess in His Kingdom (if anyone has any ideas as to how to go about doing this, please get in touch)
2) I want to learn to be someone who's great at being sensitive to the Holy Spirit - to be aware of His presence all the time and to be increasingly aware of what He's doing/saying.
3) I'm stopping leading the King's Arms youth work this year. I want to do a great job at handing it over so that it really flourishes.
4) I want to see someone saved on the streets
5) I want to see the next level of breakthrough in healing - at least 1 out of the 5 that Jesus regularly demonsrated; blind seeing, deaf hearing, lame walking, incurable diseases healed, the dead raised!

As I'm writing these dreams I'm feeling a check in my spirit that they're probably way too small and the following scripture comes to mind:

'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.' 1 Corinthians 2 v9

I think 2009 is going to be a very good year!

No comments: