Wednesday, 12 November 2008

Treasure at the Betting Shop!

Another of my clues on Sunday was betting shop. The one I pictured was the one kind of opposite Costa. Towards the end of our hunt we made our way there and peered through the window to see if anyone in the shop matched anything on our maps. They didn't!

Just as we were trying to shelter from the rain and decide where to head next a lady from inside the shop came out to have a cigarette. We got chatting to her about general stuff; she was very friendly and she seemed very open. Suddenly I clicked that this lady could actually be our treasure; that God had brought her to us at just the right time. So I decided to tell her what we were doing lingering outside the betting shop.

As I went through the rest of the clues on my map, nothing made sense so I asked her if there was anything atall we could pray for her about. She went on to tell us that she'd just lost a good friend of hers to cancer. Then she told us that both her parents had also died of cancer at a young age. I felt led to ask her if she was afraid that she might also die young with cancer. She said that she was afraid; that she was in a high insurance bracket because she wasn't expected to live to a ripe old age (what a horrible thing to have to live under!)

So I told her that our church hates cancer and that we're going after it. I asked her if she'd be up for us praying for her that she wouldn't ever get cancer and that she would live for a really long time. She was up for it and so we prayed our best prayers. I am so excited that we got to put a spanner in the works of the devil in this encounter. I can't wait for the day that we see cancer bow the knee to Jesus!

No comments: