Thursday, 9 October 2008

Seeing Double!

I don't think I've ever seen so many twins in one place before - or maybe I'm just better at looking now. I had twins on my treasure map and in the space of one and a half hours we must have seen about 4 sets. If God hadn't been involved it would have been completetly unbelievable. But He was, and so anything is possible right?!

We spoke to one really lovely lady who had very cute ginger haired sons - she had one either side of her holding her hands. When we explained what we were doing and went through the clues it turned out that one of her sons was called Jamie and that her husband was called James. When we asked if there was anything we could pray for her about she openly talked about the fact that she was having marriage problems. What an incredible thing to admit to two perfect strangers! She was on her way to meet her husband who was just along the road and so we didn't want to hold her up. We said we'd pray for her and we gave her a card about the church encouraging her to get in touch if she ever needed any support.

As I walked away from this lady and her difficult situation I felt really sad that we couldn't have done more. I remembered a story from the book 'The Ultimate Treasure Hunt' where one treasure hunt team actually saw a marriage restored after an encounter on the streets. Should we have gone to speak to the husband aswell seeing as he was on my map? I don't know the answer to that. What I do know is that when we left this lady we prayed with great conviction that the God of restoration, for whom nothing is impossible, would intervene in this marriage.

No comments: