Saturday, 25 October 2008

Driving Under the Influence?!

I don't know if you've ever experienced prayer times in cars when God comes really powerfully. It's happened to me a few times now; once when I was on my way to speak in Tunbridge Wells; last weekend on the way to Kettering; and last night as a team of us drove up to Stamford to train and release the church there in the prophetic.

You have to be careful, especially if you're driving! But I love the fact that God is so keen to meet with His kids that He doesn't restrict His presence to 'suitable' places! As it happens, last night I was a passenger and so I could 'go with the flow'! It turned out that God had some incredible things in store for the Stamford Church. It was such a privilege to be involved in giving away some of the stuff that God has been doing in us (at the King's Arms)

Throughout the course of the evening God came in incredible ways. One guy (who we found out later had been particularly stressed over the past few weeks) spent most of the evening on the floor laughing as God gave Him joy. Many people got emotional as God spoke directly into their specific situations through the prophetic (In my opinion, there's nothing quite like meeting someone for the first time and hearing stuff from God that communicates to them that He knows and He cares!) Some people had dreams called out of them that had been hidden away for years; others got physically healed as God's Kingdom came (2 shoulders, a back and forearms - still to hear about other conditions that couldn't be tested there and then.) The evening was so much more than training and equipping in the prophetic!

Perhaps one of the most exciting things for me was when I was praying for a new believer at the end of the meeting and the word 'nurse' dropped into my head. When I asked the lady if she'd ever been a nurse, to my surprise she said that she had been up until the point that she'd had her children! I've been bringing words of knowledge for years now, but I'm wanting to get better at hearing God 'in the moment' rather than in the prayer meeting before the event or in the worship! This is one of the few times it's happened and I'm excited about it increasing and ultimately about being able to take it onto the streets!

2 comments:

pjk39 said...

As the driver i have to say i have never experianced that knid of journey before, it rocked and showed me i can multitask - received, prophecy and drive all at the same time. : )

Keep pusing in for more Wendy...

Gavin Poole said...

I was that stressed out man on the floor and it didn't stop there. The next day on the way to Together@East we got caught in a traffic jam. As my wife Pip put on a worship CD the laughter and giggles returned along with the heat. Just as well we were stationary!
As for Stamford... well Sunday turned into another Friday night with more prophecy, healing and joy being poured out as the Holy Spirit took hold throughout the church. 'Surf's up' I believe is the cry!