Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Don't Hear What I'm Not Saying...

I just want to clarify something for those of you who read my last blog entry. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be real about how we're feeling. Emotions are God given and an incredible gift to us and it's so important that we feel free to express them.

Some people wrongly believe that in order to demonstrate their belief that God is good they have to always be strong- hold everything together - stuff down any fear or disappointment or anger they might be feeling. They believe that if they were to really express how they were feeling they would somehow not be trusting God. This is actually a tactic of the enemy to keep us all stuffed up with emotions that then create barriers between us and our Heavenly Dad.

I've felt all sorts of emotions linked to my operation and subsequent check ups; fear, guilt, abandonment, anger, disappointment, confusion. The list could go on and on. And I've cried with God a lot! If we want to be able to effectively hold onto the goodness of God it is hugely important that we allow ourselves to express the stuff we feel. To, like the Psalmists, say it like it is and then only when stuff has been expressed, to come back to the truth of who God is. That He is ALWAYS good!

No comments: